Renewable energy is emerging as a critical component in the MEA region’s sustainable energy transition. The renewable landscape in the Middle East and Africa is rapidly evolving, with investment increasing and several countries in the region becoming global front runners in renewable energy development.
Over the course of the MEA Renewable Summit, experts from UL and industry-leading renewable energy organizations in the MEA region will explore how developers can tap into the potential of renewable energy and how stakeholders can mitigate risk as they work towards their sustainable energy targets.
HOMER Energy by UL presentation
2.45 p.m. (GST) Panel discussion: The Role of Hybrid Systems
In this panel discussion led by HOMER Energy by UL, experts in renewable energy and minigrids will provide insights on what hybrid systems are, why we need them, their uses and applications, including stand-alone minigrids in those situations where gird extensions would not be cost-effective.
This educational session will cover:
- Explore the regional challenges associated with creating and supporting remote minigrids and hybrid systems.
- Gain insights on best practice design choices, cost-effective operations and maintenance and managing remote access issues.
- Gain an understanding of the increasing complexity of hybrid systems and the requirement for new forms of project development, economic analysis and operational management.
Don’t miss this discussion with expert panelists about securing our energy future moderated by Peter Lilienthal, Ph.D., global microgrid lead, UL and founder, HOMER Energy by UL.
- Aaron Leopard, CEO at Africa Minigrid Developers Association
- Chinedu Igbokwe, CEO at Stellaris Power Solutions
- Additional speakers coming soon.
3.45 p.m. (GST) Live Q&A – Ask the expert: Hybrid Systems