What: EnergyNet – Out of Response and into Recovery
Nigeria Focus: Energy for Health Care
When: July 2, 2020 | 1:30pm BST | 6:30am MST
Where: Digital Broadcast
Details: HOMER Energy by UL CEO Peter Lilienthal will be part of this panel
Register: Nigeria Health Webinar
Learn More: View Agenda
A free series of digital broadcasts in association with the Africa Energy Forum
Now that the Africa Energy Forum has been moved to October you are invited to this free, virtual event over the summer.
COVID-19 has left healthcare systems struggling around the world. With the pandemic spreading through Africa, where health services are most fragile, life saving energy access is crucial. How is Africa dealing with this and what role can energy investors and solution providers play? The Broadcast will examine case studies which can successfully and quickly be transferred to healthcare energy projects and, will hear from Nigeria’s REA who are working on meeting demand.
Questions to be discussed:
- CASE STUDY – overview of REA’s energy for universities and hospitals launched in 2019, already delivering electrons to front line workers in healthcare and education
- How have Metka successfully implemented university training centre energy projects and what lessons can be transferred from this for energy projects in healthcare?
- What is REA’s response to COVID-19 and healthcare?
- What is data telling us?
- What financing models are most effective? And How are DFIs leading the investments?
- How can this project be replicated across the continent?
Moderator: Haruperi Mumbengegwi, Legal Counsel, Power Sector, African Legal Support Facility (ALSF)
Dimitrios Triantafyllopoulos, Project Director, Metka
Ahmad Salihijo, MD, Rural Electrification Agency, Nigeria
Mark Carrato, Acting Coordinator, Power Africa
Peter Lilienthal, CEO, Homer Energy